- On March 4, Currency.com announced the donation of $1M to support the Ukrainian Crisis.
- The donation was distributed across four charities that are helping the affected Ukrainians.
- Currency.com transferred the funds immediately.
On March 4, Currency.com announced that it is donating a total of $1M to support Ukraine amidst its humanitarian crisis. The funds were distributed across four charities – The Red Cross Society for Ukraine, The Humanitarian Relief Fund under the Ministry of Social Policy for Ukraine, ASAP Rescue, and Global Giving.
The distribution of funds is as follows:
- $500,000 to support the joint emergency relief efforts of the Ministry of Health in Ukraine and the Red Cross Society of Ukraine. These funds will be for the purposes of providing medical aid and basic amenities to displaced Ukrainians.
- $200,000 to ASAP Rescue, a Ukrainian volunteer organization that assists in evacuating citizens during times of social turmoil or national disasters.
- $300,000 to The Ministry of Social Policy and Global Giving for the purposes of helping Ukrainians gain access to food, shelter, and medical care.
Currency.com US Chief Executive Officer Stever Gregory shared his compassion towards the Ukrainians affected by the country’s crisis. Gregory emphasizes the concern Currency.com has towards the events taking place in Ukraine, especially as an international team.
Like everyone in the world, we are extremely concerned about the shocking events taking place in Ukraine. As a global company with an international team, we feel it is our duty to help those impacted by this war. We will continue to monitor events closely and stand ready to provide additional support to the people of Ukraine.
Gregory also adds how Currency.com’s hearts go out to the citizens of Ukraine currently engulfed by the war. “Many have had to flee their homes amid freezing temperatures, power cuts, and food shortages. Every day is a struggle to survive,” Gregory said.
We will continue to monitor events closely and stand ready to provide additional support to the people of Ukraine.
Currency.com immediately transferred the funds.